Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. ("MEAU") is committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
MEAU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works.. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with assistance in completing the application and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, an industry leader in factory automation products and solutions is seeking an Application Engineer II to join a team of smart, dedicated, technical experts who are not only the best in their fields, but are committed to a tradition of technical leadership and innovation.
Under the supervision of Manager/Team Leader, execute engineering tasks and the development activities when required to complete projects in the Engineering Group. We are looking for an experienced programmer to create solutions with PLC, HMI, Motion, networking, and high-level language programming.
The tasks include, but are not limit to:
- Developing solutions that satisfy America's markets requirements, especially for automotive industry.
- Supporting projects on site when required
- Conducting technology transfer classes and workshops
- Working with Third Party Collaboration partners to enhance total solution capabilities (vision, sensing, motion, networking, software, etc.)
- Interacting with MELCO development resources on joint projects when required
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute development activities to project plan;
- Provide technical support to customers, projects, and MEAU personnel on all Mitsubishi products and solutions
- Implement technical projects at customer site
- Provide engineering design services when required
- Maintain technical documents and documentation on MEAU products and solutions
- Research competitive technologies in order to develop alternative technical solutions;
- Provide technical training and educate other MEAU engineers on new technologies and solutions developed;
- Develop integrated solutions with MEAU strategic partners and competitor products when required;
- Conduct product and application testing / simulation;
- Providing technical support to MEAU customer projects when necessary
- Work with Marketing and Sales organizations to gather market requirements and Identify technical gaps and propose new project activities;
- Perform other job functions as assigned
- Up to 25% travel is required - Domestic and International
- Experience specifying factory automation solutions in Automotive and/or other vertical markets
- Ability to work with a team of engineers and make technical decisions
- Clear understanding of the system cost ramifications of design trade-offs, component selection, manufacturing techniques, design techniques, and test and qualification procedures.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Motion Control, Robot and networking in Mitsubishi/Siemens/Rockwell platform
- Knowledge and experience with ICONICS, Wonderware, and/or other industry standard SCADA software
- Ability to read and create electrical control drawings, i.e. AutoCAD skills
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL DB and database principles
- C/C++, .NET(C#,VB), VB programming knowledge
- Ability to discuss customer application requirements on phone or in person
To attract and retain enthusiastic and dedicated professionals, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K matching. We also offer benefits that can't be measured in monetary value. For example, At MEAU you'll work in a team-oriented environment with people who enjoy coming to work every day. You'll be able to create a clear career development path through our in-house learning and development program. You'll have the opportunity to give back to your community in company-supported charitable events. And, have the confidence that comes with working for an industry leader that's growing year over year and is an affiliate of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, a $40 billion company.
Do you share our passion for innovation, commitment to excellence and enjoy building strong, respectful customer relationships but don't feel this opportunity is right for you? Sign up for our job alerts! You'll be notified of new positions as they become available and choose the best fit for your background.
- BS or higher degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering development and application development of complex computer or PLC-based (Mitsubishi platform) industrial automation systems
- Strong experience in PLC software development using Ladder Logic, FBD and other IEC-61131 programming languages is required.
- Experience with high-level language programming is beneficial
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States