Automation Engineer / Controls Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Controls Engineer for our growing company. We are looking for a Degreed Engineer who will be focused on Rockwell Automation, Process Automation and Control Panel Specifications. You must enjoy communicating with our customers, be a leader in the Engineering Department and have the ability to train Associate Engineers.
Must be able to program in several languages:
* Structure Text, Ladder Logic, Function Blocks, SQL Databases, Phase Manager, Plant PAX, PID Tuning
Writes PLC programs to control industrial food processing equipment. Creates functional HMI screens for operator interaction. Uses independent judgment, consistently and clearly demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions. Creates and reviews designs, drawings, BOMs, specifications, etc., and ensures that projects meet specifications, standards and performance requirements within your area of expertise.
This role will include some travel to customer sites (up to 30%) to perform controls start-up and troubleshooting of food processing equipment and operator training. Consults with other departments on equipment designs and problems. Identifies root cause of problems. Develops alternative solutions and communicates associated benefits and risks. Sponsors new project technologies and solicits understanding and support of other departments for major projects.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
* (10+) years of relevant experience in industrial machine controls.
* Specialist in machine control electrical schematics.
* Specialist in programming PLCs.
* Specialist in configuring industrial machine controls, including AC/DC drives.
* Demonstrated ability to independently create functional and cost effective designs/processes that meet complex specification requirements.
* Knowledge of competing and alternative technologies.
* Ability to anticipate potential problems and take preventative actions.
* Actively reviews costs, margins, and engineering hours spent on projects and compares actual dollars and time spent to estimate.
* Major contributor in the planning and scheduling process for projects.
* Manages the resolution of complex problems from discovery thru installation and testing of solutions.
* Reviews the work of others for accuracy and soundness of judgment.
* Uses software tools to provide industry standard programs for custom equipment at the lowest possible cost.
* Serves as a Mentor to our Associate Engineers.
* HMI Development
* Studio 5000
* Logix 5000
* FactoryTalk View SE
* VFD Configuration
* Startup and Commissioning
* Rockwell Automation
* Allen Bradley