Regional Procurement Manager - Manufacturing
Your Role with the Company:
The Regional Procurement Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, mentoring and training to the regional procurement team which is made up of 7 individuals. In total, the Regional Manager will be responsible for the on-category spend in 32 locations across North America. This position is also responsible for energy procurement for the manufacturing facilities
What you will be doing:
Manage and monitor all purchasing and stores activities for compliance with Group contracts required for the operations of the facilities. The Regional Manager will also be responsible for identifying further opportunities to consolidate spend through local, regional or national contracts. In conjunction with others, determine energy requirements, budgets, provide forecasts, etc.
• Provide leadership, mentoring and training to the designated regional procurement teams.
• Identifies and drives significant cost savings programs
• Align sourcing strategies with Global Category Managers, Supervisor and other key stakeholders. Monitor compliance with Group Contracts (Category Managed)
• Own certain Group Contracts (e.g. Uniforms, Waste, Pest Control etc)
• Manage and streamline group procurement administrative tasks
• Work with AP to eliminate waste in the receiving and payment process
• Develop/implement personal and team objectives aligning to plant and corporate objectives.
• Manage personal and team objectives to insure the KPIs are met
• Provide service to the plants ensuring continuity of supply and quality
• Actively works to reduce risk and number of single/sole source materials
• Ensure that Policies, Procedures and DOA are followed.
• Determining plant specific energy requirements;
• Procuring natural gas and electricity for each glass and metal manufacturing facility.
• Develop natural gas and electricity budgets. Provide ongoing rate, demand and usage forecasts/reports
• Focus on lowest total cost results with critical consideration of service disruption risk and asset protection.
• Regular reporting on contract status
• Managing of tenders through 3rd party
What you will need:
• Bachelor's in Engineering, Business or related discipline. MS is a plus.
• 7-10 years’ plant purchasing experience of which 3-5 should be at a manager level.
• Knowledge of plant purchasing and contract negotiations/ management
• SAP/ERP experience is highly desirable.
• Strong analytical skills required. Ability to make “data based decisions or recommendations.
• Wiling to travel around 60%
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion-dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the world’s leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
• Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
• It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
• The plant is nice, clean and well-maintained.
• Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
• Strong career succession planning program.
• Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
• Fairly recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
• Strong management team.
• Company that values its employees.
• Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
• Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors’ fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
• Historically strong bonus potential.
• This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.