Job Title: Computational Mechanics Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
• Be the subject matter expert in the area of computational mechanics and its application to determining structural integrity of downhole tools
• Expert in developing and use of non-linear FEA analysis and fatigue calculations and assessment
• Develop and standardize simulation practices to predict structural performance of downhole drilling and LWD tools
• Perform necessary research in the areas of theoretical and experimental methods to develop and validate structural analysis of downhole MWD, LWD and Drilling tools
• Develop and implement new computational and experimental procedures for mitigating structural integrity risks through innovative mechanical design solutions
• Develop new concepts towards the above goals and validate those with laboratory scale prototype testing. Understanding of analytical and experimental skills in structural mechanics and dynamics
• Extensive experience with commercial FEA codes for non-linear FEA analysis and fatigue analysis.
• Familiarity with modern computational analysis methods and programming using tools such as ANSYS macros and Matlab.
• Familiarity with probabilistic design methods and optimization techniques.
• Computational Mechanics
• DownHole tools - LWD, MWD
• Non linear FEA Analysis (Ansys)
• M Tech/MS/Phd/ME