|Come be a part of a true team! Leading firm in the construction industry is searching for a Electrical Engineer to work in the Commercial Construction group. As a diversified construction company who offers general contracting, construction management, and design-build solutions, the business has a strong focus on quality and customer service for its many clients that span various industries. The company also takes a keen approach to its employees, offering challenging, yet rewarding work, as well as a strong professional development plan. If the construction industry excites you and you are eager to learn and grow and are an experienced leader, this is the place and role for you. |
The Electrical Construction Engineer acts as a key leader for the management, coordination and delivery of project related pre-construction services. This individual will establish and maintain effective client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Accountable for delivery of all pre-construction related services for assigned projects.
- Responsible to effectively lead and manage any assigned personnel, to include professional development of staff, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Develop material to support business acquisition efforts.
- Assist with development of “Win” strategy for highly complex projects.
- Support the project selection (“go/no go”) process.
- Develop cost models/estimates at all stages of document completeness from conceptual through Construction Documents with attendant variance reports from previous estimates.
- Assure clarifications and commercial terms are properly addressed and in alignment with the cost estimate and project risk profile.
- Perform value analysis and constructibility reviews.
- Assist with development of a pre-construction schedule and assist with creation of the construction phase schedule.
- Establish and maintain an extensive network of subcontractors, vendors and Architect/ Engineering firms.
- Establish bidder outreach programs and assist with bidder pre-qualification.
- Provide clear scopes of work to all bidders and leads the development of bid packages.
- Assist with evaluation of subcontractor proposals in preparation of subcontracts.
- Establish and maintain benchmarking tools for historical data.
- Assist with transition meetings between the project operations team and the pre-construction team and help coordinate the follow-up meetings.
- Model and reinforce safety as a top priority of the organization. Always wears a hard hat and other appropriate personal protective equipment in the field.
- Practice the AQM philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Ensure client satisfaction, both internally and externally, through positive, pleasant, professional, and efficient handling of issues.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical, Construction Management or related technical field.
- 5 plus years of related experience in commercial construction field, in particular vertical construction; such as in plant manufacturing and greenfield, etc.
- Minimum of 3 year of field experience.
- Extensive estimation experience.
- Management and leadership of personnel.
- Skilled at assessing typical construction risks and preparation of proposed contingency approaches with associated General Condition provisions.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong presentation skills to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to clients.
- Efficient comprehension and application of principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deals with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual or practical problems.