As a vital member on the R&D team, the engineer ensures successful operation of the Center of Excellence Laboratories located in Belcamp, MD. The Center of Excellence test labs serves as highly-efficient test labs with fast throughput of testing projects, but also as the source for our innovation and new products. The individual will play a key role in the organization by expediting the development life-cycle, planning and performing tests, and creating a positive environment for our customers and the company’s Life Sciences sales team to find cost effective packaging solutions.
The System Engineer designs, codes, and maintains applications in various software languages. The candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining the R&D database of prior and current project.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Design and develop innovative solutions that solve tough challenges in the industry.
2. Create a system-wide database of our R&D projects and lab operation
3. Create user-friendly web-based interfaces to streamline work across multiple departments.
4. Develop codes to automate data processing and report generation.
5. Create a customized test request system that take testing requests through the different gates of product development.
6. Support the operation and upkeep of the thermal testing lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline Required
- 5+ years of experience in software development and database implementation.
- Database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, etc.
- Graphical User Interface programming experience.
- Experience in developing Test Software/GUI and DAQ using NI LabVIEW
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, GUI programming, etc.
- Development experience with OOP languages like (C#, JAVA)
- Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, CAN, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP
- Willing to take the CTP certification exam within the first 6-months.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Certified LabVIEW developer
- Experience with PLC programming
- Signal Processing skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO & Lean manufacturing methodologies is a plus.