TITLE: ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
AREA: KANSAS CITY
Our client, a Kansas City based manufacturing company with roots dating back more than fifty years has commissioned Sterling St. James, LLP to source, screen and qualify candidates for the role of Electrical Design Engineer. client is a privately held and well-established company in the magnetics industry serving the defense and aerospace industries and other commercial needs. They have a reputation of pushing the envelope in design and innovation of electrical and electronic products and are always embracing the market needs.
They offer a rich benefit package, a relaxed work environment and a solid team of professionals to help you accomplish your job.
Position Overview: Directs and coordinates activities of engineering department in design, manufacture, and testing components, products and systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Be a key Engineer in the Engineering Department
· Design, manufacture and testing of transformers, inductors, filters and magnetic assemblies within the aerospace, defense systems and spacecraft industries
· Design and evaluate designs to see that the products meet engineering principals, customer requirements and environmental challenges
· Ensure that projects meet AS9100 quality standards
· Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineer to inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to identify sources of problems and possible solutions
· Perform calculations to establish specifications and processes.
· Develop customer relationship to understand customer requirements
· Regularly interact with other key departments and functions that include manufacturing, sales, quality and purchasing
· Ensure Product Development activity is in line with the strategy and direction of the Company
· Limited travel required
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
· 4 year accredited undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, BSEE required
· 5+ years’ experience in power supply and transformer design experience required
· Working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and AutoCAD (or similar CAD software) required
· Experience with AS9100 Quality Management System a plus
· Experience within the manufacturing and/or aerospace industry preferred
· Ability to effectively communicate
· Troubleshooting skills, & problem-solving skills
· Sound listening, verbal and written communication skills
· Superb attention to detail
· Demonstrates solid work ethic by using time productively to accomplish projects
· Must be able to work well alone
· Be self-motivated
If you feel you are qualified and this position is of interest apply by sending your resume in MS Word format as an attachment for immediate review.
Recruiter’s Notes: This position offers an individual an exceptional opportunity to work with an organization of highly trained professionals. The leadership believes in continually investing in partnerships with its people and has been successful throughout the years due to the knowledge and commitment of its employees where the average tenure is 25 years. Take a look and contact us for details.