Education – BSEE
Prior Work Experience
– Familiar with National Electrical Code (NEC) and NYC amendments to NEC
– Proficiency in AutoCAD
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to self-motivate and work independently with supervision
The ideal candidate for this position must have a design background in Electrical Engineering for multi-family residential, commercial and institutional projects. In addition to a technical background, the candidate should be independently motivated, have good interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate and work effectively with the architectural/engineering team. The candidate should have strong knowledge of the NEC and NYC amendments to NEC. The candidate would also be expected to perform field inspections, surveying, and construction administration services for Electrical upgrade projects.
– Communicate with Contractors, Owners, and the Design Team.
– Help provide designs, calculations, drawings, specification and other technical documents.
– Calculate, prepare and review cost estimates and other related material.
– Administer construction contracts and the coordination of any elements of technical submissions prepared by others.
– Review and approve construction shop drawings, submittals, plans, and design.
– Observe installed work for conformance to design documents and prepare punch list items.
Inspect existing conditions on Electrical Upgrade projects and help design an appropriate system upgrade.
Assist in the design of electrical projects including lighting power distribution upgrades, fire signal system design, etc.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for growth in a growing medium size Architectural/MEP firm based in Westchester with a diverse NYC client base.
The position offers a competitive salary/benefits structure.
The candidate should have a car and a valid drivers license.