Electrical Hardware Engineering Manager - Tallassee, AL
The individual in this role will manage a group of hardware focused electrical engineers and work with cross-functional teams to deliver electronic systems to meet product requirements. Activities include managing electrical hardware design and testing as well as coordination with Marketing and Manufacturing on product definition, schedule, cost, budgets, etc. The ideal candidate will be an innovative self-starter, a strong leader, and will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage a group of Electrical Engineers while performing occasional design and analysis tasks.
- Collaborate with other managers, engineers, key suppliers, and design partners to drive innovation.
- Translate product requirements into design specifications.
- Work closely with Program Managers to support project initiatives by developing project level hardware resource plans in support of product development programs.
- Manage hardware aspects of projects from initial concepts to production released systems.
- Direct activities of the EE/HW group to assure that proper priorities are followed and that scheduled completion dates are met within the budget.
- Work closely with the development team on product design, integration, and test.
- Coordinate design reviews and review of design verification tests.
- Perform evaluation and approval of design concepts, drawings, test results, and final specifications of product designs and subsequent enhancements or changes.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all released design documentation (schematics, drawings, specifications, PCB files, etc.)
- Hire, train, and mentor personnel as necessary to ensure the EE/HW team has the knowledge and skills to support expected levels of performance.
- Conduct performance reviews and propose appropriate compensation adjustments.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Director or VP of Engineering.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Experience: Minimum 7 years of relevant Electrical Engineering experience, with at least 3 years in a management role. Specific skills and experience in addition to those listed above may be required for specific positions.
Special Training: Project management, product development process.
Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA M/F/Vet Disability