At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
*This position may be located in either Bismarck, ND or Fargo, ND*
This engineer will work on the design engineering of substations with a focus on protection and control in relation to power delivery projects.
- · Create and follow design, specifications, plans, maps, and project schedule
- · Use design software to prepare design documents
- · Read and interpret construction plans
- · Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- · Utilize effective written and oral communication
- · Prepare engineering deliverables and perform calculations and studies for electric substations projects, including one-line diagrams, logic diagrams, fault studies, relay point assignments, schematics, panel elevations and relay settings
- · Assist the planning organizing, coordinating and prioritizing project work
- · Demonstrate the ability to create, review, and redline documents independently
- · Perform production engineering within scope with limited guidance
- · Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
- · Assist with RFPs
- · Begin to assist with contracts, scope of services and budgets
- · May provide construction observation
- · A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET Accredited program with an emphasis in power systems or related field is required
- · An EIT is required (completion of the fundamentals of engineering exam)
- · Experience level of 2 or more years
- · Prior experience in substation protection and controls is required
- · Basic knowledge of the application of the NEC and NESC and their use in substations
- · Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- · Basic knowledge of relay settings
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40 or more hours per week. The percentage of time spent in the field and office will vary.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- · Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- · Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- · Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- · Frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- · Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Closing Date: 6/2/2018