Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for an Electronic Design Engineer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you design, modify and evaluate electronic products for use in rugged environments to meet quality, delivery and cost goals. Plan, coordinate and perform requirements capture, design concepting, detailed worst-case analog and digital circuit analysis, simulation, integration and verification for projects broad in scope. Select components based on analysis of specifications and reliability. Operate in a team environment and may act as lead person or supervisor, providing technical leadership and design solutions. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to other engineers and support personnel. Provide technical consultation and a knowledge base. Recognize as an expert across a product line.
· Develop new applications of technology for product development.
· Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions for electronic assemblies to improve cost, quality and performance based on electronic design knowledge of engineering applications together with the involvement of manufacturing, mechanical, software and other functional engineers, supply management and supplier personnel.
· Create, analyze, read and understand technical requirements written by others to determine the best technical solution for complex problems or projects of difficult scope.
· Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
· Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
· Develop and/or execute test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
· Lead in resolution of product based difficult technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· Expert user of critical technology.
· Minimum B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
· Ability to technically comprehend microprocessor-based embedded electronic, software, and mechanical packaging designs and requirements.
· Ability to technically comprehend testing, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing requirements.
· Ability to adapt electronic circuitry to vehicle and/or fixed equipment applications.
· Ability to perform complex engineering work requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks.
· Able to make preliminary selections or adaptations of engineering alternatives.
· Ability to perform assignments with instructions as to the general results expected, and to devise new approaches to problems.
· Ability to direct the work of other engineers, aides or technicians.
· Ability to interface with customers without guidance from supervisor.
· Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
· Experience in electronic circuit design – 5 to 8 years.
· Experience with Pspice or other circuit simulation tools.
· Experience with MathCAD.
· Experience with Mentor Graphics or other schematic capture tools.
· Experience with designing to harsh environmental specifications.
· Experience with 8, 16 or 32-bit micro controllers.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!