|We have been engaged by one of the premier engineering consulting firms with a global reach to identify Embedded Software Engineering candidates who stand out amongst their peers in both the power industry control logic systems and their ability to work with clients to increase production and efficiency. |
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develop real-time embedded software for the MHM I/O module
- Develop FPGA logic for the MHM I/O module
- Development of required design documentation according to the PWS technology development processes
- Internal and external support for both new and legacy products as needed (on rare occasions may require travel)
- Conduct requirement/functional specification/design reviews for new products
- Tracking and reporting of progress and schedule for assigned projects
- Identify, analyze and resolve significant technical issues in field of specialization
- Provide technical leadership in the development of product/service improvements and innovations and support advanced technological research and development initiatives in area of specialization. May periodically lead technical problem solving teams.
- Maintain a high degree of technical expertise and recognition within the business unit as an expert in the area of specialization
- Prepare complex, innovation documents and technical descriptions for proposals on new and existing products/services
- Instruct, train and guide personnel on significant technical activities
- Consult with internal/external technical personnel, up to and including staff level management, on complex technical issues in support of areas of specialization
- Investigate and develop new/improved technical products, services and designs for business growth opportunities. Present recommendations to management.
- Perform work within established budgetary and schedule constraints
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong background and education in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of Machinery Health products
- Knowledge of MHM module firmware and FPGA
- Knowledge of higher level applications – plotting, analysis, etc.
- Experience in development of real-time, embedded software in a VxWorks RTOS environment
- Knowledge/experience in C/C++ programming
- Knowledge/experience in digital signal processing
- Ability to work and function within a diverse environment with remote teams
- Must be organized
- Must be results oriented
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of PowerPC is considered a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP socket level network programming is considered a plus
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink is considered a plus
The position requires 10% travel.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering/related technical discipline or equivalent. In addition, a minimum of nine years of applicable engineering experience is required. Must have demonstrated technical expertise and leadership.