ADB SAFEGATE is a leading provider of integrated solutions that boost efficiency, improve safety, raise environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs for airports and airlines. These solutions tackle every aspect of air traffic handling and guidance, from approach, to runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic control systems, to intelligent gate and docking automation. More than 2000 airports in 175 countries have chosen ADB SAFEGATE as their preferred partner for airport operations.
At ADB SAFEGATE, our company culture is defined by the values that guide our actions and behaviors and how we interact with our colleagues, partners, customers, investors and society. Our culture and values (Care, Passion, Leadership and Quality) set us apart from our competitors and are integral to our success. We are currently recruiting for the position of Field Service Engineer to join our team.
In the role of Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for field start-up and commissioning support for standard and advanced products. You will assist customers in isolating defects in the field or in-house by troubleshooting over the phone or dispatching to the airfield. Our Field Service Engineers performs preventative maintenance tasks per Contract and Service Level Agreement (SLA)and support Project Managers in developing, designing, testing, troubleshooting, installing advanced product and design activities including electrical wiring and mechanical designs. Field Service Engineers are responsible for national and international travel at a minimum of 40-80% of the time, with some travel periods exceeding 7 days at a time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This is not an all-inclusive list. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Site Project Support
- Coordinate on site electrical contractor installation requirements
- Coordinate on site schedule and itinerary with contractors
- On site system power up of equipment
- System Readiness Check of most system equipment
- Perform / Assist in Systems Acceptance Testing and formal customer walk through
Project Management Support
- Support project lifecycle from quote to customer acceptance.
- Work with and follow a project plan, communication plan and associated documents.
- Manage assigned milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Proactively manage project risks, identify potential risks and provide feedback to the Project Manager.
- Manage budget including labor, material and travel expenses for assigned tasks.
- Effectively communicate task status to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Bid Preparation Support
- Provide input for estimating the resources and schedule requirements needed to achieve project tasks.
- Provide support for the preparation of technical written Submittal packages for custom projects
Testing and Validation Support
- Perform both in house and field testing and customer validation testing
Training and Presenting
- Utilize training standards and processes to produce internal and customer training programs
- Perform technical training internally or for customers
- Review and write reports, manuals and test plans as required
- Self-monitor personal performance against annually targets by reviewing available department scorecards and dashboards
- Create timely, expense reports, trip reports, preventive maintenance results documentation as required
Technical Telephone Support
- Provides professional, technical customer service over the phone, email, etc., to troubleshoot, diagnose and assist airfield personnel and contractors find solutions to hardware and software issues.
- On a rotational basis, provides 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency telephone support.
- On a rotational basis, provides emergency and non-emergency telephone support during business hours.
- Support contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of ADB
- Develop best practices and tools for project and product support activities
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Associate in Electrical Engineering Technology (EET), equivalent degree, or equivalent experience.
- Possession of a valid drivers license.
- Must maintain an insurable driving record.
- Must pass any required BCI and FBI Background Check.
Knowledge & Experience
- One (1) to Two (2) years related experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- One (1) to Two (2) years of experience working as a field technician or related experience.
- International travel experience desired.
- Fluent English (oral and written communication skills).
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Ability to stand, walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive an airport vehicle, contractor vehicle or rental vehicle.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to traverse rough terrains.
- Ability to travel to field locations.
- Specific vision abilities required include color, close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hand and eye coordination adequate to input computer, operate typewriter, calculator and other office equipment.
- Ability to make and receive phone calls.
- Ability to operate two-way radio.
- Visual stamina and acuity adequate to review alpha/numeric data and to spend long periods looking at computer screen.
The job will generally require travel to a customers location or construction job site 90% of the time. The remainder will be in an office environment. Conditions will vary at each location. While on a job site the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions that include wet and/or humid, cold and heat conditions, working near moving mechanical parts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee will be working with and around high voltage and high current equipment; there is a risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ADB Safegate is a drug-free workplace and as such participates in random drug screenings as state or local law permits.
ADB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer