Manager, Electrical, Intrumentation & Controls Engineering - 50803615
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER POLYSILICON is the global leader in the production of hyperpure polycrystalline silicon for the photovoltaics, solar and semiconductor industries. At our Charleston, TN site, we are currently looking for a Manager EI&C Engineering - Deposition and H2 Recovery area.
Wacker Polysilicon North America is operating a new Polysilicon production facility at its site in Charleston, TN. A large and complex plant like this requires competent and high quality technical support to operations and service units. The Manager EI&C Engineering is responsible for providing the necessary technical support to the production units in his/her area of responsibility and managing related budgets. SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE - RELOCATION - BENEFITS - 401K with COMPANY MATCH - ANNUAL BONUS!
Are you the type of Engineer who would like to travel to learn and share best practices with colleagues at our Polysilicon production site in Germany? This is your opportunity if you have both the technical aptitude and ability to articulate those technical facts in a clear, relatable, results-oriented manner.
• Provide technical support and services in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, automation and controls (EI&C) assure safe operations, compliance and maximum availability of production units
• Assure safe operating conditions of production units
• Assure regulatory compliance of production units under OSHA PSM with special regard to Mechanical Integrity and MOC, where applicable
• Maximizes the availability and efficiency of production units at required capacity and quality
• Support process and technology transfer/exchange between Wacker's Polysilicon production sites
• Consult and support capital projects executed by project engineering
• Manage and/or support capital invest and expense type projects within area of responsibility
• Manage capital investment and technical expense budget
• Conduct and/or coordinate debottlenecking activities
• Conduct and/or coordinate troubleshooting activities
• Drive and support continuous improvement activities related to safety, quality and cost
• Develop and/or support development of specifications, standards and codes
• Manage and coordinate 3rd party services providers
• Work in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams
• Represent Wacker's interests towards authorities, suppliers and contractors
• Compile and provide reports related to area of responsibility
• Cooperate with groups and individuals within the Engineering & Maintenance department, Operations and other service units with focus on achieving optimal results/solutions from a corporate/enterprise perspective
• Perform all tasks and assignments in accordance to Wacker's policies and procedures.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree (or higher level education) in the field of Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation or Controls Engineering
• 5+ years of combined professional experience in the field of project engineering, plant/production engineering & maintenance and project management
• This position requires working in a multi-discipline team with multiple interfaces to internal customers (operations), internal services like EHSS, procurement and controlling as well as external parties like authorities, suppliers and contractors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure
• Capability to professionally deal with changing priorities and requirements
• Thorough understanding of engineering principles, maintenance strategies and construction practices in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, controls and automation
• Thorough technical knowledge in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, controls and automation incl. relevant regulations, standards and codes
• Experience in process control of OSHA PSM covered systems and processes
• Leadership skills combined with team player attitude
• Objective judgment and fact based decision making approach
• Strong multitasking competency
• Ability and willingness for domestic and international (mainly to Germany) travel
• Preferred, but not required: Siemens PCS7 DCS, SAP, Comos
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Plant Engineering activities are performed mainly in an office environment but also require presence in the field (manufacturing plant and/or construction site)
• Candidate must pass a pulmonary function test to be capable of wearing an air purifying respirator, when required
• Location for this position is the Wacker Polysilicon site in Charleston, TN. However, business travel may be required if deemed necessary to further expand job knowledge, Wacker tools and processes and to integrate with the Wacker team
• Manufacturing facility with energized machinery, electrical equipment, mechanical equipment and vibration
• Exposure to occasional loud noise levels
• Occasional exposure to varying outdoor weather conditions
• Due to schedule and milestone requirements nonstandard work schedule such as nights, holidays and/or weekends may be required. Position will be required to participate in the On-Call rotation
• This is an “exposed” position, in which the employee will be exposed to or directly handling hazardous chemicals. As such, this job requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment including respiratory protection – negative pressure respirator.
• Employee also must be able to work within an exposed area of high magnetic fields
• Able to climb ladders/stairs and work at elevated heights up to 200+ feet
• Entering a confined space through a manhole may also be required
SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE - RELOCATION - BENEFITS - 401K with COMPANY MATCH - ANNUAL BONUS!
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers