Our client is a leading provider of custom switchgear and solutions for the control, monitoring and distribution of electrical power and other critical processes. We are seeking an experienced manager who will be responsible for oversight of their non-union manufacturing facility in custom or an engineered to order environment. They will provide leadership, direction and manage all operations functions to include purchasing, fabrication, assembly and materials.
• Develop, deploy and execute suitable short and long-range plans to achieve assigned business objectives.
• Coordinate and direct through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilization, inventory control, facilities control, building lay-out and process flow, maintenance, manufacturing projects and studies, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration
• Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the facility to accomplish schedule attainment and KPI metrics.
• Foster an environment of employee engagement by embracing a continuous improvement culture
• Drive customer satisfaction, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development, profit and other operational metrics
• Coordinates and assist with corporate initiatives, participating in leadership communities to drive best practices across the company
• Adopt safety procedures and ensure safe working conditions to remove risk of injury or property damage and maintain compliance with all State, Federal, and local EHS regulations
• Participate in production decisions involving new and existing product lines
• Participates in annual budget preparation, providing input regarding past, present, and expected operations with emphasis on cost reduction and quality enhancement
• BS degree in mechanical, electrical engineering or industrial administration
• 10+ years in an engineered to order manufacturing environment
• 10+ years in a leadership role, with proven leadership skills
• Knowledge of scheduling & planning capacity and forecasting
• Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality systems
• Lean manufacturing, 5S
• Knowledge of SH&E in a manufacturing environment
• Experience leading a change environment
• Ability to effectively work in a matrix environment