Valtronic Technologies is a global design, development, and Electronics Manufacturing (CEM) Company based inCleveland,Ohio. Servicing the following industries: commercial, industrial, medical Class II and III, aerospace, and telecommunications markets. Our clients include domestic and international OEM developers and manufacturers. Valtronic has more than 35 years of electronics manufacturing experience, engineering expertise, and a well-deserved reputation for quality and customer service across a full spectrum of services.
Supports all phases of PCB design, including schematic capture, layout, routing, symbol and footprint creation, generation of Gerber files, assembly drawings and other required PCB fabrication drawings and files as required. The PCB Designer/Layout Engineer will work directly with the design engineers to providing project estimates and execute within project deadlines. Creates and modifies detailed printed circuit board drawings according to customer requirements. Develops original designs and modifications to ensure product quality and facilitate manufacturability and production transfer. Reviews drawings and component specifications against design inputs for correctness and conformance to standards. Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation.
- Schematic design and capture for electronic circuits based on customer requirements.
- Create PCB layouts (preferably Altium) and fabrication and assembly drawings including electronic components, microchips, FPGAs, chip on board and other miniaturized electronic component technologies.
- Prepare and review PCB Bills of Materials, and identify and specify appropriate component manufacturers.
- Breadboard and test of prototype electronic circuits, prepare test reports.
- Delivering projects within project cost and schedule milestones
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets to be checked by a design engineer.
- Review completed drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to industry standards and regulations.
- Confer with Design Engineering and Field Application Engineer and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Design PCB for cost effective electronic application and design for best manufacturability practices.
- Create standard work documents for either test or assembly production.
- Prepare ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) and update drawings.
- Measure factors that affect placement and arrangement of components on printed circuit board, such as distances to be spanned by wire and components.
- Accurately report drafting time spent on each project.
Education and Skills
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with working knowledge of Altium for PCB design and layout, and electrical schematic capture. Experience in electrical schematic design, prototyping and testing is highly desired. The position also requires knowledge of regulatory guidelines (FDA, ISO and UL) as it applies to design requirements and quality systems.
Please include Electrical CAD Operator Engineer in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com No third party resumes or telephone calls.
Valtronic Technologies (USA), Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in theUnited Statesfor this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. Valtronic Technologies USA, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.