Principal Engineer ( Luka , Mississippi ) S8397012
12 Month Contract
Pay rate: $60-70 /hr W2
** Active Secret Clearance required.
Support manufacturing of large composite aerospace components. Work closely with manufacturing personnel to develop solutions and solve production issues in hand layup, automated fiber placement, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI, assembly, and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related and 10 years minimum of applicable experience.
**MUST have composites experience. We would also like launch experience as well.**
• Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements
• Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
• Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
• Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures
• Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
• Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
• Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
• Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Composites hand layup, fiber placement, bonding, cure, and machining experience
• Experience in the use of Nx or Catia V5