ADB SAFEGATE is a leading provider of integrated solutions that boost efficiency, improve safety, raise environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs for airports and airlines. These solutions tackle every aspect of air traffic handling and guidance, from approach, to runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic control systems, to intelligent gate and docking automation. More than 2000 airports in 175 countries have chosen ADB SAFEGATE as their preferred partner for airport operations.
At ADB SAFEGATE, our company culture is defined by the values that guide our actions and behaviors and how we interact with our colleagues, partners, customers, investors and society. Our culture and values (Care, Passion, Leadership and Quality) set us apart from our competitors and are integral to our success. Our growing company is seeking to hire a Project Manager to join our team. The position is open to our location in Ohio or Florida.
Want a role that puts your technical knowledge/experience to work? As a Project Manager, you will use your technical knowledge and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific technical projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. This position will plan, execute, and finalize multiple technical projects/activities according to strict deadlines and within budget. A Project Manager will acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. In the key role, the Project Manager will strengthen the financial performance of the company through effectively monitoring project cost, schedules, on time delivery and forecasts.
- Plan, execute, and finalize multiple technical projects/activities according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Strengthen the financial performance of the company through effectively monitoring project cost, schedules, on time delivery and forecasts.
- Lead teams by being a great communicator, working effectively with others, being dedicated to the goals of the team and company, working productively through others to meet scheduled task completion dates.
- Travel national or international to airport installations as required for project start-up, commissioning, testing and training.
- Direct and manage project lifecycle from quote to customer acceptance
- Develop a complete project plan, communication plan and associated documents
- Create a project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and elaborate details in written Work Packages (WP)
- Create a schedule using Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Manage schedule milestones, deadlines and task dependencies
- Manage project scope, scope changes, customer change notices and customer change directives
- Proactively manage project risk, identify potential risks and devise mitigation and contingency plans
- Manage project budget including labor, material and travel expenses
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recommendations if necessary during project cycle.
- Support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Conduct project Lessons Learned meetings and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Control and Monitoring: Comparing actual performance with planned performance, analyzing variances, assessing trends to effect process improvements, evaluating possible alternatives, and recommending appropriate corrective actions as needed
- Manage project regions including sales interface and bid preparations for your region
- Draft and submit budgets, quotations (cost estimates) according to schedule deadlines
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Estimate the material and product needed to achieve project goals.
- Accurately prepare and organize quote reviews with management
- Complete technical written Submittal packages for custom projects
There are no supervisory requirements for this position.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Electrical Engineering Technology (EET) or equivalent degree
- Possession of a valid drivers license
- Must maintain an insurable driving record
- Must pass any required BCI and FBI Background Check
- PMP Certification preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Ability to stand, walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive an airport vehicle, contractor vehicle or rental vehicle.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to traverse rough terrains.
- Ability to travel to field locations.
- Specific vision abilities required include color, close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hand and eye coordination adequate to input computer, operate typewriter, calculator and other office equipment.
- Ability to make and receive phone calls.
- Ability to operate two-way radio.
- Visual stamina and acuity adequate to review alpha/numeric data and to spend long periods looking at computer screen.
The job will generally require travel to a customers location or construction job site 90% of the time. The remainder will be in an office environment. Conditions will vary at each location. While on a job site the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions that include wet and/or humid, cold and heat conditions, working near moving mechanical parts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee will be working with and around high voltage and high current equipment; there is a risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ADB Safegate is a drug-free workplace and as such participates in random drug screenings as state or local law permits.
ADB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer