QA Electronics Engineer ( Chandler, AZ) 7152
12 Month Contract
Pay rate: $40-44/hr w2
The candidate shall be experienced with analyzing failure modes and where necessary developing technical solution(s)/ resolution(s) which may become a company baseline. Skills required with writing analysis of risks/ failure modes, and impacts for multiple designs primarily for electronic components as they pertain to aerospace systems. The majority of effort aligns with Electrical Engineering within launch vehicle systems but some alerts will require the candidate to seek out subject matter experts to complete the task(s) (specialty components or other commodity types; mechanical, pneumatics, ordinance, etc.). Tasking includes review of Orbital ATK technical manuals, design requirements, baseline component test and inspection requirements as well as vehicle sub-system specifications, drawings and test procedures, current and historical SAR and NC activity to determine risk exposure and/ or ability to identify and capture specific failure modes as identified in GIDEP/ MDA/ NASA and other alerts. There will be a high level of collaboration with the GIDEP Team and senior management, as well as internal customers (engineering, quality assurance, material engineers, and procurement/supply chain professionals).
The candidate will assess Alerts and work with a team to manage the data and direct internal and external partners toward resolution. This will be accomplished through development of Quality Records such as component analyses and disposition recommendations. The candidate shall have Counterfeit EEE parts familiarity and be able to conduct data mining and report writing to support Alert processing efforts for Vehicle Program review/ approval and Senior Management concurrence and approval. Other duties as assigned.
• Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
• Strong organizational skills in order to efficiently multi-task and prioritize
• Strong analytical skills, business judgment and adaptability skills
• Strong technical writing skills, analysis logic and FMEA knowledge
• High level of ability to work independently and prioritize work
• Communicate effectively with internal customers and management using written and or verbal methods as required
• Proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, pivot tables) and Access data base entry and reporting
• Highly Desirable: Ability to obtain a Clearance or currently have an active Clearance
Preference for familiarity with Orbital ATK Enterprise systems:
Required Education/ Experience:
• Candidate shall possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Seven to ten years of related experience is required.
• Work experience must support developing analysis and engineering documentation within a manufacturing environment to support clearing or mitigating potential or known failure modes within components or sub-system designs as related to problem identification and resolution.
• Proficiency with EEE component part conventions such as: naming, package types, LDC, datasheets, lead-type, surface mount vs. through-hole, fabrication methods, etc.
• Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing practices is required.