We are searching for an energetic Senior Electrical Power Engineer with Project Management experience for our client in Portsmouth, NH. Primary rresponsibilities are design, implementation, system analysis, commissioning, data collection, protection and control relays, controls, and communication systems used by the Power Utility Industry for generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity.Engineering Responsibilities -
Excellent opportunity to join an Employee Owned company - great culture, profitable stable and rapidly expanding. This position is a great opportunity to make a difference.
Project Management Responsibilities - Provide the support of projects under the guidance of a senior engineer or the Business Unit Manager. Travel to and some work at remote locations is a component of the project tasks. Domestic and international travel is required.
- Engineering of the calculations, design, development, and implementation including software, hardware, and systems design integration of the various components on any given project
- Selection, specification, design, and application of control, protection and communication systems used in the electrical utility’s generation, and substations (GSU, T & D), by using the appropriate monitoring, instrumentation, control and communication equipment
- Implement the specialty software, power calculations, system analysis, development of relay protection and control settings
- Provide detailed design for low, medium and high voltage distribution systems
- Apply IEEE, NFPA, ISO, NPCC, NERC, and other power utility coordination organization’s regulations and standards in the provided designs and installations
- Provide control enclosure manufacturing support and designs such as station electrical service, lighting, cable-tray, AC load center, DC load centers, battery sizing and other facility design requirements. The work includes the drafting of these designs
- Work on quality & project plans, process control sequence of operations, standard practices and procedures, scope of supply, requests for information, customer correspondence, and code commenting
- RTU, SCADA, DCS, PLC, HMI, and other equipment to support the control systems
- Use of AutoCAD and other software tools for the design of hardware and other equipment solutions preferred
BS in related Engineering degree and/or experience may be substituted.\
5 years Electrical Engineering hands-on experience in the power utility industry
Professional Engineer (PE) desired
Knowledge of the configuration and programming of digital relays, electronic relays, RTUs, IEDs, DCS, PLC, and SCADA
Understand the concept of using power systems modeling software such as SKM Powertools, ETAP, ASPEN, EasyPower, PSS®E, etc.
Ability to travel up to 25%
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Current authorization to work for any company in the US without restrictions
Must have a stable work history (no contractors or engineers who frequently change jobs)
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off (PTO), tuition reimbursement, 401K/Profit Sharing and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)
*Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance.