We are a leader in the design and manufacture of IDGH temperature vacuum furnaces used for R&D and production of engineered products and materials.
We have an immediate employment opportunity for a senior electronic engineer to design and support manufacturing of electrical and electronic controls for vacuum furnace systems.
This position requires a person with a flexible schedule who is available for occasional domestic and international travel to provide field service for our customers.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience, a positive attitude, excellent communications skills, a sense of urgency, and enjoys working with others in a team oriented environment.
1. Design and support manufacturing of electrical and electronic control systems for Thermal Technology vacuum furnace systems. These systems may include: vacuum pumping systems with pneumatically activated vacuum valves, hydraulic systems, water cooling systems, inert gas systems, combustible gas systems, material handling systems, safety interlocking systems, temperature control systems, data acquisition systems, and other control and monitoring systems.
2. Test and/or support testing of furnace systems.
3. Direct and/or conduct customer acceptance and training of furnace systems.
4. Support customers by assisting in the initial start up of our equipment at customer’s facilities.
5. Support customers in a field service capacity.
6. Write and/or direct the writing of manuals.
7. Generate and maintain controlled electrical drawings and other documents.
8. Research and determine the best electrical and electronic solutions for our products.
9. Evaluate our existing systems and conserve ideas that work well.
10. Develop new ideas that will enhance our products.
11. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Skills required include;
· Positive attitude
· Total commitment to high quality
· Excellent writing, verbal and listening communications skills
· Sense of urgency
· Continual intense attention to detail
· Understanding and willingness to be a team member
· Problem solving and analytical thinking skills
· Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work with changing priorities
· Desire to learn the details of Thermal Technology products
· Curiosity and desire to gain a working knowledge of customer processes
· Results oriented
USE OF HAND TOOLS AND TEST EQUIPMENT AC AND DC CIRCUITS
CLOSED LOOP CONTROL (PID) SYSTEMS
PLC'S AND LADDER LOGIC PROGRAMMING AND TROUBLE SHOOTING WORK WITH ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS AND MECHANICAL DRAWINGS SYSTEM TESTING AND TROUBLESHOOTING TO COMPONENT LEVEL AUTOCAD 2007
USE OF MS WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT, ETC. PROCEDURE AND MANUAL WRITING
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
B.S. DEGREE IN EE OR RELATED KNOWLEDGE OF VACUUM TECHNOLOGY
UNDERSTANDING OF INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES