Do you enjoy designing and leading large projects? Then you should apply for our Senior Mechanical Project Engineer position.
Our client is the US subsidiary of a privately held global manufacturer of robotic automation accessories, products, systems and services. The parent company has operations in more than 20 countries worldwide. Company supplies motion enabling components, linear motion modules, robot track motion units, gantry robots, and related automation solutions to original equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and machine builders serving the automotive, aerospace, construction, logistics, heavy industrial, and power generation industries.
Company US headquarters is located in Michigan, providing North American customers with engineering, design, production, installation, and customer service support.
Role of a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer:
Responsible for designing and developing machine concepts to customer and project specifications for all equipment including purchased and manufactured in the BU Products Department.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
· Collaborate with engineering and sales departments to understand project requirements, time-lines, and budget.
· Create proposal models, drawings, and sketches during quoting phase
· Collaborate with internal and external vendors to create and test prototypes of new components
· Work with and lead design team of engineers on projects with responsibility of assigning design work on projects to the team and lead them effectively throughout the project
· Responsible for planning and implementing all internal design reviews, external customer design reviews and project handover to manufacturing
· Attend kick-off meetings with team; assign engineering responsibilities to mechanical design engineers and work with the team as the project lead
· Oversee design, detail, bills of materials, design reviews and check of all aspects of the mechanical design package
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
15 years’ experience in mechanical engineering
SolidWorks or other 3D parametric CAD software
Compensation and benefits are highly competitive*
About White Willow Staffing
Managed by a husband and wife team, we are focused on delivering a more personal service to our clients and candidates. We specialize in Robotics and Engineering positions across the North America.