We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Controls Engineer in Houston, TX. This is a key role so we need an Engineer with strong technical hands-on experience and the ability and desire to build, lead and mentor a team of Engineers on projects from inception through start-up and acceptance. It's a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference as well as advance his/her career. The company is very stable and rapidly growing.Engineering Responsibilities:
- Project execution - controls engineering design, development, and implementation including software (DCS, PLC layout, HMI approaches, Ladder concepts, Scripted languages), hardware (systems integration, instrumentation callout, panel layout, and construction), and systems design (integration of the various components on any given project)
- Overall Project Management overseeing and directing all project activities and resources including specs, proposals, pricing, project budget, profit & loss, resource management, scheduling and meet project deadlines.
- Technical writing including project definition and requirements, clearly delineated status reporting, process control sequence of operations, standard practices and procedures, scope of supply, requests for information, customer correspondence, and code commenting
- Project documentation: task/periodic status reporting, percent complete estimating, production and assembly of required project manuals, organization and maintenance of current network based project files, phone transcripts, meeting minutes, I/O lists, specifying basic instrumentation, etc.
- Perform field work at customer site when additional support is needed
- BS degree in Engineering or related field with 8+ years solid related experience in process control and/or manufacturing
- In-depth knowledge and technical experience with Automation and Controls systems - PLC / HMI / SCADA programming on many different platforms (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Wonderware, etc.)
- Honeywell Experion DCS experience is required
- Strong professional communication, team and negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and follow up skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Current authorization to work for any company in the US with restrictions
- Must have a stable work history (no Contractors or Engineers who frequently change jobs)
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, 7 paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), tuition reimbursement, 401K/Profit Sharing and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)
*Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance