Are you an Electrical Controls Engineer with solid experience in Factory Controls Design and Engineering looking for a role with a very stable company? This automotive supplier is a mainstay of its small midwestern community in Western Illinois, and boasts many 2nd- and 3rd- generation families as longtime employees.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will oversee the development of improvements to existing processes in the plant. You will also coordinate Engineering projects related to Factory PLC controls between Engineering, Manufacturing, and Maintenance personnel to make these improvements.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and requirements.
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment, major repair or upgrades of existing equipment, including controls, drives, and HMIs.
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss engineering projects or products.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, products, or systems for industrial applications.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Troubleshoot down equipment and make repairs (or coordinate repairs with maintenance department) to return equipment to production.
- Develop budgets, estimate labor, materials, and construction costs.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing or potential electrical engineering studies or projects.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
There is no Visa Sponsorship now, or in the future, for this position.
- BSEE from an accredited university or college; or an Associate's degree in an EE / Engineering Technology plus three to five years of additional manufacturing experience.
- 5 or more years of Controls Engineering experience in a manufacturing/metalworking field.
- Allen-Bradley or similar PLC Programming experience
- A great teammate who can interact at all levels of the organization from shop floor to management
Relocation assistance available if needed, to complement a highly competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.