SENIOR PROTECTIVE POWER RELAY FIELD TECHNICIAN
ROTATING EQUIPMENT MECHANICS
THIS IS A CONTINGENCY TIER II SEARCH
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing & training
WITH THE SAME CLIENT WE ALSO HAVE POSITIONS FOR ELECTRIC MOTOR AND GENERATOR WINDING SPECIALISTS,
MOTOR/GENERATOR MECHANICS AND MANUAL MACHINISTS
OUR CLIENT . . . .
is a 40-year old prospering company, headquartered in Texas that is a leader in the electrical power system and wind generator repair, maintenance, testing and training offering Field Services, Engineering Services and Shop Services. Currently $100,000,000 annually in sales, it is growing organization that has NEVER had a layoff and is experiencing fast-paced growth. There are currently 450 employees in seven offices led by a strong Management Team. They are ISO certified and a member of EASA, AWEA, PEARL and is NETA & ANAB Accredited. Our Firm is strategically positioned to help them build the Team that will drive the future growth to $150M within 5 years. This operation has grown from $1.7M to $8M over the last 2 years and from 5 people to 21 people in the same amount of time.
THE POSITION . . . .
is newly created due to continued growth & expansion and reports to the Regional Manager. You will be part of a Team of well-trained NETA (InterNational Electrical Testing Association) certified specialists. You will be capable of leading all P&C jobs working out of the Tulsa, OK field office.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Perform electro-mechanical relay testing of GE, Westinghouse, ITE, etc.
- Perform solid state relay testing of Schweitzer, Basler, Multilin, SEL, Beckwith, Circuit Shield, Arreva, Schneider, etc.
- Read and interpret control prints, writing diagrams, and relaying schematics.
- Conduct differential and distance relay testing.
- Understand and work with three phase power and phase angles.
- Up to 40% of OT and 40% of overnight travel.
So if you know electro-mechanical and solid state relays AND desire to join a premiere company offering a favorable pro-active work environment and a career path then please apply by following the link below. Relocation benefits provided.
NOT JUST A JOB BUT A CAREER OPPORTUNITY . . . . > > > > HERES WHY < < < <
- An exceptionally stable and profitable non-union company
- The company has been recognized SEVEN times as a Best Place to Work
- Never had a layoff of any kind in its entire history
- A family oriented company that values employees as vital assets, not viewed as a commodity
- Highly competitive compensation plus lucrative OT and a strong benefits package
- A growth oriented environment - upbeat, good morale, a Team perspective.
- Real advancement opportunities to Lead or Supervisor of the Relay Test Group exists for those interested in career growth opportunities
- Provided industry-leading electrical and safety training
- Heavily involved in the growth oriented Green Energy
- Drug-Free work environment
- We would expect a Sr. Level Field Relay Technician with our client to earn in excess of $100K and up to $120K
CREDENTIALS & REQUIREMENTS - We are looking for the following qualifications . . . .
- Must have a high-school diploma or equivalent. Prefer training from a technical school, an apprenticeship or applicable military training.
- Must possess 5 or more years of protective relay experience
- Must have testing skills and understand fundamental electrical testing procedures. Experience with RTS or Protest relaying testing software is desirable.
- Must have knowledge of differential and phase angles.
- Must have the ability to use Doble 6150, 2253, and Megger MPRT & EZ CT 2000
- Must be able to demonstrate SAFE electrical troubleshooting skills using basic and advanced test equipment.
- Must be a dedicated professional.
- Must be a self-starter, disciplined and have a Team perspective
- Must be willing to live in the Tulsa, OK metro area (RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE WITHIN CONTINENTAL USA ONLY)
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a background check.
- Must be able to legally work in the US WITHOUT sponsorship
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 75 lbs. from ground level to waist high, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must have the ability to work regularly in the field which may vary from an outdoor environment exposed to any seasonal elements to inside working space which could vary widely in temperature to include occasional 100+ degree temperatures.
- Must be available to work overtime regularly and travel out of town up to 40%.
We would expect the successful candidate to successfully demonstrate:
- The ability to think independently in a fast-paced environment
- Treat people fairly and with dignity and respect
THESE ARE MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS - NOT OPTIONS!
INDIVIDUALS OFFERING THE BEST POTENTIAL WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN
INITIAL PRIVATE EXPLORATORY INTERVIEW WITHIN 72 HOURS.
CONFIDENTIALITY: We are a Professional Engaged Search Firm with a proven track record of discretion since 1988. All applications are handled as extremely confidential; your credentials will not be presented without your permission in advance.
REFERRALS:(Also, if you wish to nominate someone in confidence, simply reply with their contact information and we will not identify you as the source of the referral.) Either way, we are happy to acknowledge introductions leading to the hire of a successful candidate with a thank you referral fee or donation to the charity of your choosing. Please ask anyone to whom you forward our information to to please refer back to you as the source.