Sr. Protective Relay Technician
Locations: Akron OH, Orlando FL
We are seeking experienced Relay Technicians for expanding Field Services Group. Great opportunity to join a well established leader in Electrical Testing & Equipment. Must have experience with protective relays, transformers, circuit breakers, power circuit breakers, metal-clad and enclosed switchers, power cables, substation equipment, motor control centers, medium voltage control, excitation equipment, and automatic transfer switches. Very reasonable travel only within the generalized area.
- Perform solid state relay testing and calibration of SEL, GE Multilin, Basler, Beckwith, AREVA, Schneider, etc.
- Perform electro-mechanical relay testing and calibration of GE, Westinghouse, ITE, etc.
- Read and interpret control prints, wiring diagrams, and relaying schematics.
- Conduct differential and distance relay testing.
- Ability to deliver technical solutions to customers with a high degree of professionalism.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; prefer training from technical school, apprenticeship or armed services and/or Associates degree in electronics/ electrical/mechanical desired.
- Minimum 2 years increasingly responsible system protection experience directly related to the testing, installation and maintenance of digital relays and electro-mechanical relays and control equipment utilized by electric utilities.
- Must have testing skills and understand fundamental electrical testing procedures.
- Must have experience with Doble F6150/Protest or Enoserve RTS or Omicron testing software.
- Others that are desirable: Doble 2253 & 2250 and Megger MPRT & EZ CT 2000.
- Familiarity with SCADA and remote terminals is a plus!
- Must be able to demonstrate SAFE electrical troubleshooting skills using basic and advanced test equipment.
U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status required.
Salary: DOE. Per diem travel expenses covered. Full benefits.