The Staff Digital Design Engineer is a full-time position in our client's Sensor Products group responsible for the development of a new generation of TMR Integrated Magnetic Sensor devices, from conceptual design to production release. The position involves all portions of the digital design flow. A strong contributor to architectural definition, modeling, verification, code development through formal verification will be expected. Strong understanding of CAD backend process through tapeout is required. Evaluation and debugging of new device designs as well as assisting other groups in the company with test development and product qualification.
The ideal candidate is a detail oriented self-driven individual with a “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude, who’s able to work across functional teams, who has intuitive and analytical understanding of digital the design process, and who possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. Will take from architecture to verification, code development, Floor planning with only a subset of the total tools many larger firms have. Startup or small company experience is better suited for this job.
· Contribute to architectural design of TMR Magnetic Integrated Sensor devices by developing architectural and system level models.
· Collaborate with marketing and system architect to develop product requirements and internal design target specifications.
· Digital design of TMR logic blocks.
· Development of verification test benches.
· Interface with foundries for PDK device issue resolution, generation of backend foundry requirements and tapeout.
· Support test, application and product engineering teams.
· Write invention disclosures leading to patents for new devices.
Qualification & Education:
· Minimum MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Ph.D. is a plus.
· Minimum 6 years of digital hands-on design experience.
· Strong analytical background.
· Ability to hands-on debug and characterize mixed signal systems in the lab.
· Experience with successfully supporting complex designs into volume production.
· Track record of delivering designs on schedule with high first-silicon success.
· Understanding of magnetic sensor technology and experience designing integrated magnetic sensors or similar devices is a big plus.
· Familiarity with Cadence design tools, Matlab/Octave, Verilog-AMS is a big plus.
· Proof of US Employment.