Locations: Raleigh NC, Newark NJ, Atlanta GA, San Diego CA, Portland OR, and Chicago IL
Seeking experienced high voltage Substation Engineer for key position in the Substation engineering group of a well-established Power Delivery engineering firm.
The Substation Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing and leading all aspects of HV substation design. The successful candidate must have experience in the areas of substation physical design from the 25kV to 500kV levels, as well as an understanding of substation components, development of single line diagrams, substation layout and related electrical studies (clearance, grounding, isolation etc.), rigid bus design, work planning, coordination, reporting, cost estimating.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in industrial or utility HV substation design
- Experience with site visits, in order to capture all technical data needed for estimates and execution of related substation expansions
- Experience producing station 1 lines, key plans (layouts), conduit plans, lightning, grounding calculations, lighting plans, station typical elevations and BOMs.
- Capable of writing equipment specifications and reviewing vendor drawings.
- Work with P&C team to produce complete station drawings
- Interact with clients to facilitate process and workflow development, scope development, resource and work forecasting and issues resolution
- Help lead department sales efforts to attract new business and expand current business, including participation in estimating and proposals
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- PE / EIT or ability to obtain preferred
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US. FULL-TIME POSITION!