Sustaining R&D Electrical Engineer - Medical Devices
Industry leading medical devices company seeks a Sustaining R&D Electrical Engineer to support R&D with new product development (NPD) projects to provide product reliability input on the design of electromechanical medical devices. They will also be responsible for in depth failure analysis of existing products. This role serves as a Sustaining R&D function where the engineer will redesign existing products to make improvements or launch new features.
- Review trends and root cause(s)
- Recommend, validate, and implement improvements to the design through project leadership including initiatives, and cross functional design enhancements.
- Act as the technical owner of component alternate sourcing activities when issues dictate the need to select alternate components in a design.
- Manage status of in-field product performance data, delivering critical data to management and cross functional teams detailing performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop and manage the failure analysis lab, running internal failure analysis - FA and ongoing reliability testing.
- Select and procure failure analysis equipment, setup operate and maintain the laboratory for optimal FA and ORT availability
- Develop and maintain failure analysis, debug, root cause analysis processes and tools in support of the global service centers
Requirements for Sustaining R&D Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or computer engineering
- 5+ years experience in electronics product development including reliability testing and failure analysis
- Experience in medical devices
- Experience with electronics schematics, electronics component data sheets, custom mechanical drawings and software controlled systems
- Strong experience with electronics PCBA and device level build and test process.
- Experience working with board level and device level test equipment.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work cross functionally at different organizational levels, including customers
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Strong Lean - Six Sigma skills
- Strong project management experience