Team Manager - T&D Projects
Looking for a leader to provide direction and oversight of technical specialists – engineers, designers, project managers - engaged in all aspects of Electric Power projects. You will be responsible for the development and utilization of team members to maximize performance and attain company objectives. You will provide leadership to a senior-level team of engineers specializing in power delivery markets. You will provide expert technical guidance for electrical substation and T&D projects in Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding regions.
- Oversee client and project work, including multiple work groups designed to deliver the work required within scope, schedule, budget and client expectations
- Develop the functional/business plan to achieve annual goals and align with corporate strategy and recommend improvement of product and services.
- Make authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive construction, engineering and related activities of the company.
- Anticipate clients’ needs and industry trends to advance and align the technical breadth and depth of the team to changing market conditions
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
- Establish goals, objectives, and methods of accountability to ensure the most efficient use of resources, facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Develop talent to satisfy Company needs for engineering expertise specializing in power delivery markets aligned with the strategic goals of the organization
- Represent Power Delivery’s capabilities in meetings with stakeholders and clients
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- PE license (must have passed both the EIT/FE and PE exams).
- Work experience in electric utility industry, minimum ten (10) years, on substation and T&D projects, with demonstrated design and management experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgement in planning, organizing and guiding extensive engineering programs.
- Ability to demonstrate company's technical expertise to external clients.
- M.S. in engineering
- Experience in relay protection and controls
- Previous experience in project and senior level management
- Experience with markets, clients and projects in multiple industries/service areas
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US.