StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.We are currently seeking an Vice President, Engineering and Quality for our client. The Role and Responsibilities are as follows:
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
- Lead Engineering and Quality functions for the organization
- Achieve engineering and quality objectives through direct subordinates and team while maintaining a hands-on role in day-to-day monitoring of activities and providing guidance as necessary
- Participate in formulating and administering company strategy and initiatives and developing long-range goals and objectives in support of the same
- Develop engineering and quality strategies and goals to support overall company business strategy and initiatives.
- Develop and implement programs for standardization of processes, cost reduction, and continuous improvement in collaboration with other organizational leaders.
- Review activities, costs, and outcomes to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives. Assure the regular collection and analysis of costs at appropriate organizational levels.
- Participate in company-level budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Develop customer relationships and interact with customer clients in areas of responsibility.
- Work closely and proactively with leaders of other functional teams to ensure resource allocations are in line with current operational priorities and organization goals
- Recommend and implement capital projects aligned with business goals and strategic plan
- Develop team, mentor and coach all direct staff. Help develop organizational capacity and build future leaders for the organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or business-related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible experience in industrial services or manufacturing operations; experience in reverse logistics or electronics repair depot strongly preferred
- 10+ years in management roles, including leadership of other management team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker and hands-on problem solver that possesses integrity and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and build a culture of accountability for results
- Experience driving lean manufacturing, continuous process improvement, and/or six sigma initiatives
- Proven ability to develop, lead and culturally drive an environment of high productivity and cost effectiveness
- Demonstrated change agent in implementing Lean Manufacturing principles, ISO 9000, TQM, Kaizen, and/or Six Sigma
- High level of business acumen , including financial, planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to consolidate operational details and effectively communicate to high level stakeholders